Leadership training can be extremely effective particularly if you have clear program objectives, anticipate outcomes and baseline data to work from and be able to measure against. Hence why I feel so proud to share the results of a piece of work that I have recently undertaken for one of my client’s (Abbotsford care Ltd.) Following a request to deliver a Communication skills course within one of their Units; I designed a be-spoke workshop which included leadership development for their team (60 staff.)
Evaluation meetings were held following the workshops and consultancy provided; the results showed that 91% of staff stated they had seen an improvement in the workplace. Below are some of the highlights and comments received from staff…
- Raised self- awareness “People are making more effort and putting into practice what we learnt” … “I am more aware of how I might be coming across…”
- Review of processes – For example to remind staff the importance of handover between shifts “I pay attention more at handovers whereas before (the workshop) I was rushing to get started,” Introduction of the ‘Information folder’ to help communication flow has been well received and it was mentioned that Care plans are regularly updated.
- Regular meetings held -Staff feel they’re listened to, their ideas are taken on board and they feel involved.
- Team changes was well received- a worker commented that a “change of team has been positive…we are learning to adapt (and) take on a more positive attitude”
- Improved team morale – Feedback showed “… people are more open, they seek clarification if unsure and avoid looking for faults in others. “
- Improved relations between management and staff – With comments like …“They (Management) are more approachable than I thought”… and come across more “engaging, taking an interest, actively listening.”
I feel honoured to work with such a brilliant team that have been open, honest, constructive and show a genuine desire to want to be the best in their profession. I would highly recommend Abbotsford Care Ltd.